Chino Hills Pool Deck
A pool deck is now becoming a key part of the home. In most homes, this usually consists of the whole backyard, and space may even include an outdoor fireplace, dining, and seating area, fountain spa, or firepit, pond, and much more. In designing a cool deck, you should consider the whole pool location as this is usually the background of your outdoor comfort. Since a lot of action will be taking place around the deck area, you will need to plan your pool deck so that it doesn’t take a lot of space. Here are a few tips on planning the layout for a kool deck.
Designing a Pool Deck in Large Properties
If you have a large property, you can have a lot of places where the pool and the deck can be located. Some of the key considerations you should make when determining where to place it include:
- Build the pool and the cool deck away from home as a standalone activity zone. If you go with this option, you will want to ensure that you have a large deck
- Use a freeform design. Instead of going with some rigid geometric shapes, you should opt for the natural curves in the design.
- Select a concrete surface treatment that can complement your natural landscaping. One way of blending the deck surface with the surrounding landscape is by using neutral earth tones. It may also be a good idea to select concrete patterns that look like natural materials such as slate, flagstone, or stone.
Designing a Cool Deck in Small Properties
The majority of typical small residential lots demand that the pool and cool deck be close to your home or next to the home. If you have a small property, here are a few design ideas you should consider.
- If the pool is close to the home, you can make it part of the structure and architecture of the home. You may need to use geometric lines that are more formal such as oval or rectangular shapes. This ensures that the pool is the home’s silhouette.
- You can have the pool deck matching or complementing materials and colours in your compound. Instead of blending the pool deck with your landscaping, the pool being close to the home means it should blend well with your home.
- A good way of incorporating the design of the pool deck into the home is by using shapes, texture, and colours for nearby driveways, walks, paths or even garden edging. Ensure that you select a design scheme of colour that blends well with the material.